Got any idea what this is for?

Disclaimer: Farmers, ranchers and their wives and kids aren’t eligible to answer this.  That would be cheating.  And no farmer grannies or aunts or uncles either.  In other words, let’s see if our city cousins can figure this one out.

When I came in from getting groceries, doors, light bulbs and water hoses…I found this lying on the dining room table.  And I asked myself…how many folks find one of these in their house?  And I remember when BB used his pocket knife and a screw driver instead of this fancy doodad.  Can you guess? 🙂

This entry was posted in farm and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Got any idea what this is for?

  1. Melinda says:

    I bet it is used to clean mud off/out of bottom of shoes, especially those with all the ridges! If not, it must be a farmer’s nail file/dirt remover!


  2. Teuchter says:

    I thought it might be a dibber (or dibbler as it’s known by in some places) but as you have told us your seeds are planted by mechanical means, I have to admit I haven’t got a clue!!! 😀 The shape is wrong for a dibber anyway! Looking forward to finding out though!!


  3. The Queen says:

    Both excellent answers…and very close!!


  4. judiang says:

    A giant shoehorn, to pull the boots off? That’s the best I can do. 😀


  5. Melinda says:

    One more guess–is it used to clean mud off horses’ shoes?


  6. The Queen says:

    You can guess as many times as you want or as far as your imagination takes you!!


  7. Fancy Nancy says:

    Well, Google let me down. :/ I give up!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s