days later

Not sure what happened to last week!!?  But I do have pics of our Girl’s Night Out finally downloaded and ready to post.  I should have had them up days ago as I’m trying to stay inside as much as possible.  It’s hot and windy again.  And dry even tho we had rain . 

OK, this shot has a lot of action going for it. In the background, a bird house is being checked out. Middle sister is demonstrating The Pose she learned at gymnastics while baby sister is mimicking her. It looks more like she’s being goofy but she’s really. really serious about doing everything the big girls do!

The girls spent most of last Sunday afternoon running through the sprinkler and giving us demos of their gymnastic abilities.  I always cringe when a kid hollers “Hey Meemaw!  Watch this!”.  I remember those words so well as a son would then ask for First Aid.  Or we’d haul their rears to the local ER, of which we own.  Seriously.  

At one point, I told them that when I was little, I was an expert cartwheerler.  They thought that was hilarious.

It’s bug-checking-out time. We have an abundance of roly-polys this year. Lucky us.

Then the pizza was ready.  Which was made according to the 3 year old’s specifications…”What’s that stuff Meemaw?”  “I don’t like that.”  “Don’t put it on the pizza ok?”  All that ended up on the kid pizza was pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni, which she didn’t want on either but I put some on any way and told her to pick it off.  She did.  Thankfully, Big Boss and I had pizza with hamburger, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms and black olives…along with the sauce, hamburger and cheese.  I’m a huge believer in “you can’t have too much cheese”.  So lots and lots of cheese!  We ate al fresco so cleanup was minimal!

All clean and ready for hair drying time.

From there we moved to showers.  I had NO idea it would take so long for 5 girls to shower, get dressed and dry their hair.  My hair dryer was on full alert as one girl’s hair was dry and yet another followed. 

It was time to stack dominoes.  That is one of our grands’ favorite pastimes when they’re here and has been since the twins were little.  We have contests for the highest tower.

Stories were told, prayers said…the prayer person was rather windy and we blessed pretty much ALL of G-d’s creatures and then some.  Finally, it was lights out.  No wait.  Someone needed water.  Then someone needed to potty. Then someone wondered when her mom was going to pick her up next morning.  Then someone heard something that was “freaking them out”.  Then someone needed water…well, you know the routine. 

The next morning we were greeted with rain and cooler weather, so their swimming lessons were cancelled that day and we had time to eat a leisurely breakfast of toast.  That was the best I could do.  I had lots of bread, plenty of jam and toast it was.  Of course, the 3 year old was again the Director of Toast Making…she infomed me she didn’t want jam on hers. Just butter.  And could I cut the toast up?  And milk would be good too.  And she really would rather sit at the bar instead of at the table with the other girls. 

 She sat with the other girls.  Again, the prayertime was long-winded, but we managed fine…with a couple of corrections and additions by some who weren’t voicing the prayer.  Sometimes us pray-ers need help.

Dawson shows her how it’s done!

And then the first mom arrived to take 2 home.  The door bell rang as she was leaving and 4 little boys stood on my front porch. Thankfully, they had eaten their breakfast so that meant the kitchen could be cleaned up.  Which I did while the boys entertained the girls.  Once again the dominoes were dumped out and towers began appearing all over my living room. 

Mother #2 came to get her oldest to go with her to the was her turn to get to hear the baby’s heartbeat…while the other 2 stayed with me.  Leftover pizza was warmed up for lunch and Paw and I ate our “good” pizza.  The 3 year old thought it was gross.  Her big sister informed me that she didn’t need a nap.  I told her that I did need a nap so she could take some books  to the bedroom and “rest”.  Meanwhile, they watched “Tangled”….again…while I cleaned the kitchen up.  Things got awfully quiet and when I peeked around the corner, Miss I Don’t Need  a Nap had crashed and burned on the love seat.  Little sis got tucked into bed immediately and Meemaw crashed and burned.  Big time. 

“I don’t know. She’s your baby sister!” The middle cutie is a cousin of our grands.










“What did she say?”


“She’s such a crack-up!”

This entry was posted in Family Fun and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to days later

  1. Fancy Nancy says:

    I can testify….you WERE the best cartwheeler….I remember! This blog is so fun…..but it exhausted me too, just reading it! LOL


  2. The Queen says:

    You should come up sometime to share in the exhaustion!!! My mother was sure I’d have brain damage from hanging upside down so much. I’ll have to admit, I did a cartwheel in the backyard when NOBOYD was around a couple of years ago!! Can you believe it? The joys of living in the country where you won’t be seen doing stupid stuff!!


  3. Myna says:

    Grandkids are great, but they can sure wear us out, can’t they?


  4. The Queen says:

    Amen. As in the Old Grey Mare Ain’t What She Used to Be! 🙂 But they are so much fun!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s