I’m inspired by Dairy Carrie, who posted “My Favorite Things” yesterday. You know, kinda like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music? Only these are favorite things that Carrie loves or as she calls it, “the ultimate guide for gift-giving for real people.”
So I got to thinking…what ARE my favorite things? Does that sound too materialistic? Or maybe narcissism at its best?! I don’t know. Still thinking about that one.
But when I consider the “things” that I already have and would like to share then that’s the route I’m going to go with. For now.
1. Scarves…I have only recently found my love for scarves. I can tie them only a few ways. But they’re easy to carry/wear, warm but not too heavy and stylish, even with a sweatshirt! ???
2. Anything James Avery. Maybe a little pricier than your average silver jewelry. But the big difference is, it’s real silver. Or gold if you can afford it. I adore so many of Avery’s pieces. Here’s one:
3. NYDJ! Made in the USA, made to fit, made for comfort. Too good to be true. (NYDJ stands for Not Your Daughter’s jeans)
4. Do you know Steve Penley? Think art. Think patriotic. Think “illusionist”. Which I don’t usually like but this guy is great!! Just one sample…we have this one in print form, yet to be framed. It’s called “Delaware”.
5. Smart Wool socks are to die for. They’re not only cute but warm. And they don’t shrink away into oblivion when you wash them. Thick but not too thick and they come in all colors! You can find these online or at a good shoe store..on sale, if you’re lucky. Our shoe store runs sales around Christmas. Keep your eyes peeled!
OK, that’s enough for today. I have wash to dry, bills to pay, windows to wash and a roast to cook. Maybe my favorite thing should be a maid??! 🙂